Sunday, March 18, 2012

A weight has been lifted

So I'm not sure if you guys know that I have an issue with forgiveness. I'm sure I have mentioned in passed blogs. Well this week I think I was sent a new challenge from God, at least that's what I'm taking it as. So a person from my passed asked to come back in. It was the person that I once thought was the love of my life. Of course he wasn't- as you might know I have made mistakes. As time has gone by I have come to let go of all the bitterness I held deep in my heart for the pain I though he cause in my life. I realized that I was as much to blame, maybe even more because I didn't go about it the way God would have wanted me to and for making him promise things he could not keep. I also realized that if I don't ever forgive him I will just keep failing the test that God sends me which will cause me to never get to the next chapter of my life. Whatever God holds for me. At first I wondered if it was a good idea but today as I sat in church Pastor Joel talked about the next step in your life.He said if you let things from your past go uncorrected (like unforgiveness) hold you back you might not enjoy to the fullest of what He has for you. So in a way I wasn't really doing it for him I was really doing it for me and the life that only God knows I want and hopefully has planned for me in the future. I almost feel like a weight has been lifted off me, because I know God is always in control not matter how bad I sometimes think things are. So I'm glad and hopeful to see what come next...

Xiomara

No comments:

Post a Comment