Thursday, March 29, 2012

June 27 th 2007 and today

To most people they are not going to find any significance in that mundane Wednesday at all. But as for me that day was one of the most meaningful days  in my life. That was the day I stood up and gave my life for the Lord. Looking back I knew I have always been close to God for the simple fact that I should have died many times over if it were not for the fact that God wants me to do something on his behalf. That day I was at church with  my heart wide open thinking how could I ever get over this biggest heart break I had ever had. I would go to church Wednesdays and Sundays because that was the only place my heart did not hurt. Lakewood was the only place I felt safe and in the presence of the Lord. As if through all the people that preached I could hear His voice telling me that everything was going to be ok. And it was ok, The only regret I have about that day was that it didn't happen sooner. It should have happened years before after I got shot in the chest and survived. It could have happened when my doctor told me I had a tumor the size of a basketball he thought was cancer at the time. But no I was still stubborn to stand up for Him and declare my life was His to mold as He wished. But today is a different day, today is a better day then those dark days. Today I feel closer to Him. There isn't anything I can't tell Him and there isn't anything too small I can't bring to Him. Today I'm stronger and happier because He made me whole again. I know that whatever happens I will be ok. He has me in the palm of his hands. And I'm grateful for everything I have because all I have is because of God.


Xiomara

No comments:

Post a Comment