Thursday, October 13, 2011

Claudia's wedding day

So one of my little sister's took the biggest step of her life this weekend. She married the love of her life, Carlos. To tell you the truth before this year Claudia and I were not estrange but we were not close by any means. We we speak but not as mush as I would have wanted to. So in the last couple of months because of the wedding and other stuff we had more communication. Which for me I actually got to get a glimpse of the person she had become since we grew up and moves away from each other.  I have to say she had grown up to be a great person. I love the fact that she found the person she wants to be with for the rest of her life. I know that in the movies and sometimes in life their are times when older sister get mad that the younger one got married first and that for me just isn't the case. I'm really happy for her because she deserves to be happy. God will send me that person when he's good and ready and mean time I can work on being a better person and walking with Him. Since I'm crafty, I decided to make the favors. I made two different types. I already made a video on the original design but I still yet have to make another video on the updated design and the second design. I was also the makeup artist at the wedding so I did three face. I did the bride the minister( my other sister) and the maid of honor. It turned out great even though my airbrush machine decided to go on the fritz and not work for the event. Luckly I few back up plans like any good makeup artist should. I hope that my sister will be able to show me the professional pictures soon so that I can post the pictures to my portfolio blog. In doing the makeup for the wedding I really had a good time, I loved the fact that I got to make some people look beautiful on a really special  day. I was a part of that. I was proud both for my sister but also because I loved this job. I know for sure it make me feel happy on the inside to know that this is what I want to do for the rest of my life and I love it. One day I'm not sure when because only God knows when I will be a freelance makeup artist and I know I am great at it. While I was making my Melissa the hair dresser for the wedding ( Justine) mentioned to me that she thought that I was better than the makeup artist that works with her her the salon. I was like wow, I'm better that her? I was stunned and happy at the same time. Well anyways this was just supposed to be a quick update and it's long now so keep on the look out for more videos about that day....

1 comment:

  1. That is awesome that you got to do that, not only for people who matter to you, but for yourself! There is nothing better than the feeling of accomplishing something like make up in your case, brings so much passion and gratification!

    ReplyDelete