Monday, March 19, 2012

Book Review: What Every Body is Saying by Joe Navarro

My Book Rating: *****5 out of 5

Let me start of with saying that I don't even really know how I even came across this book on audible.com but I'm so glad that I did. This book in one word I AWESOME! Joe Navarro is an x FBI special agent and teacher with a career with them spading a quarter of a century. He has spend his whole career catching all kind of criminals by using his skill to decipher non verbal communication. I really think that anyone could benefit from reading this book. First of all I don't think I have ever read a book quite like this one. By "reading" this book I learned about the human brain and how the limbic system of the brain is the most honest part of the brain. He talks about some of the cases he helped solve in the FBI. I also learned about laws and the case Terri Vs Ohio which gave the right to a cop to be able to search you when he thinks there is an intent to commit a crime. I can say that before I read this book I thought that I was pretty good at reading body language just on the count of working with different people on a daily basis. But I was wrong. I learned a lot and while reading it I was never bored! I even gave had my coworker and my brother read some of it and they also thought it was great. My brother wants the hard copy so he can highlight in it. This book seriously (don't laugh) made me go want to people watch in the middle of a crowded mall with some dark glasses...LOL so I can see more examples of what he mentions in the book. This is a great book and it somehow leaves me wanting more knowledge about the subject, only the sign of a great book, don't you think?


Xiomara

No comments:

Post a Comment