Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Book Review: Click, The Magic of Instant Connection

 



I picked up this book just because I thought it would help me with my job. I work at a BIG bank and I am in sales. So anything that I can use to give me an edge is great due to that fact that I get paid salary plus commission. So to tell you the truth yes I think it was interesting, but would I ever go out and purchase the book...No. I don't think so. I thought I would find out so interesting things that I didn't know yet but as it turns out I was already doing a lot of the things in this book without know what the technical term was. For example, when I meet someone (not for work but let say romantically) I usually like right off the bat- maybe on the first date to share my most embarrassing moment with them because it's funny and because I feel like that person ends up wanting to share what theirs is. Which for me breaks the ice. Well in the book that is the first one of the seven things that brings people to click . A common venerability. I was already doing that but what ever. One thing that really resonated with me from this book though that it has stories about real people in it. I particularly liked the one about the guys in the college basketball team. There was these four guys that just clicked together and played together a lot, at practice and off practice. They developed a kinship like no other and went on to win two championships playing together. They happened to just click because they were roommates. So this book is filled with stories of real people, which is what helped my get through it. It's an alright book. I give it a ** star out of 5 star rating.

No comments:

Post a Comment