Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Book review: 50 Shades of Grey

Two Stars **
 
The only reason I picked up this book is because my friends and I were thinking of starting a book club and one of my friends recommended it to me. So I waited to get my credit from Audible and bought the book. I must say this book opens your eyes to the smut that kinky people like. Ok let me sum up this book short but sweet. Have you ever seen the movie 9 and half weeks? Well the plot line is very similar if not identical. Boy meet girl, girl likes boy and extra curicular activities (a lot) and , girl finds out that boy is (very) kinky, thus girl leaves boy because he emotionally can not give her what she wants and she is not willing to give him what he needs...lol. That's it right there. I just saved you 19 hours of your life you would have needed to listen this book. BUT if you like smut you should definatly read this book. Maybe this book could teach you a new move or two you could try on your partner...I guess that's worth my 15 dollars (1 credit), right? ...lol.

2 comments:

  1. jajajaja that was a good way to put it. I have been hearing all over the place about this book, I had no idea what it was about. I never really liked the movie 9 1/2 weeks...at least I know I wouldn't like the book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well what can I say I can only tell the truth about that one. So my informal book club read the whole series...by that I really mean I had to read it...lol. Actually I saw an interview the author gave to Meredith something on 20/20. I think it was that. Anyways the author's story is pretty cool. It turns out that she just sold the rights to the book so they can make a movie about that series for a whole lot of money. Anyways the whole series turns out to be better than just the first one book alone. I have to say it's smut but it's premium smut...lol.

    ReplyDelete