Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Thanksgiving

So a long time ago I had gone to my step mom Thanksgiving dinner without my mom. She told me not to go but I went anyways. When I mean step mom I mean the lady that married my dad but didn't stay married to him. Keep in mind we had not had the DNA test back then so obviously it wasn't confirmed I was his daughter yet. There were a lot of people there at her house. It came time to talk and she tried to introduce everyone there at the table. As she introduced me she stuttered a little like she was imberassed to say Xiomara the Aunt or Xiomara the half sister so she said "Xiomara she's part of the family". Just seeing how the words came out of her mouth and the fact that I didn't even get a title was hurtful. My mom tells me that in the past there have been more times she has said ungly things about me but I had never heard them. That time I was there. That day I had vowed never to go to her house again...a promise I have broken a few times since then. Forgiveness is powerful. I can say that I want to be close to my family. I want them to know I love them. I want to forgive them becuase I'm sure in my life there have been times that I've done and said stupid things. But in the end there is only one family and if I have anything it's time so I can chip away at the walls they have built. So I'm gonna kill them with kindness even if it hurts...lol. They will come around. God willing...

No comments:

Post a Comment