Saturday, May 5, 2018

Family, Friends and New Years Resolutions...

Ok so this new year I planned to make more of an effort to be with my family more. I have family in another city in this state and then I also  have another half sister that lives in another state. So I had in my mind that I wanted to put more of an effort to do more things with them as my love language is quality time. So when do I call that quits? I mean when is it that I stop trying and let them reciprocate? I feel like I'm trying and I'm not getting anything back. So I would not like to cut my losses but then I feel like I should because a relationship can not be all one sided, right? Plus, I have to say I must thank the good Lord that I have an amazing group of friends. I can count on them to be there for me like they were family. Maria has been there for almost 30 years. I have Chryl that I have known for going 20 years. I have Judy that I have known for a while but just recently got to be so close to. Elizabeth is one of the most sweetest people I have meet and I hope we grow as good friends. I have my Mom that is my best friend in the whole wide world.  I don't want to force anything with any one. Stuff like that used to bother me I used to think Why don't they want me in their life? Why does it seem like I'm intruding...? But now I'm ok with the way it is. I'm me and not to be conceded or anything but I'm a great friend. I always try to do good things for people if I can. I have taken vacation time to take care of people and I have taken people on vacation. I'm not stingy with what I have. I try to live my life by the golden rule. But I can't force anything with anyone. I can not make someone want to try. It is what it is. So for now that's the way things are...The only thing I can ask God is to guide them and keep them safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment