Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Meditation and I

So its been a long time running where I have felt, let's say under the weather. I been feeling stressed, fatigued, sad, unable to stay asleep but also just all around unhappy. Just not myself. In an effort to try to solve my problem I taken it upon myself to eat better and just get healthier. Well, one thing I hear that helps is meditation. So I found this application called Headspace. They have a program called take 10, which is like thier free intro program that teaches you the basics of meditation. Im currently on day 8 and at day 5 I already knew I was gonna subscribe. I LOVE it!  Andy has this calm voice that just makes me fall asleep. But by far the most important thing he has taught me so far is to be able to put thoughts in perspective. So often for me I have allowed my thougths to take over and drive me crazy all the while I'm supposed to be going to sleep. I'll give you an example, I'll be laying there in bed thinking about I forgot to buy dog food or I need to do this in the morning or not to forget to wake up extra early cause I have to this and that, endless crap basically and by the time I notice its 5 am and I haven't slept. Its teaching me to put thoughts aside, not to worry so much so I can sleep. I have slept better in the last week or so than in the last year!! Its amazing! I just thought I'd share this for those of you who might have the same problem. Thanks, if you have any questions let me know. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment